Rhinoplasty, commonly referred to as ‘nose surgery,’ can benefit many people, but it isn’t right for everyone. Take a moment to learn more about this procedure and find out if it is a good solution for you.
What does rhinoplasty include?
Rhinoplasty is a customized procedure that will vary from patient to patient depending on the needs and desires of each person. In some cases, rhinoplasty will result in very subtle enhancements and, in other cases, the results will be more noticeable. Rhinoplasty can be used to:
• Adjust the size of the nose to bring better balance to the face
• Change the bridge of the nose
• Remove a bump on the nose
• Correct a drooping, upturned, or bent nose
• Reshape or reposition the nostrils
• Correct interior sections of the nose that impede airflow
Who can benefit from rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty should only be performed after a patient’s nose has finished developing. In most cases, this will be after the patinent is 16-18 years old.
If you are considering rhinoplasty, ask yourself the following questions:
• Do you have trouble breathing through your nose? Do you have extra trouble during heavy exercise?
• Does the size of your nose make you feel worse about your appearance?
• Does your nose distract from the rest of your face?
• Has your nose ever been broken?
• Do you have a deviated septum?
• Are your nostrils particularly large or prominent?
• Do you snore regularly?
• Is your nose often congested?
If you answered yes to some of the above question, rhinoplasty may benefit you. Schedule a consultation at The Cleft & Facial Cosmetic Surgery Center if you’d like to learn more about this procedure.
What is the procedure like?
If you choose rhinoplasty, the specific procedure will depend on your nose and your goals for your appearance. In most cases, the patient will be under local or general anesthesia. The procedure often involves removing some bone or cartilage. In some cases, tissue can be added to the nose. After everything has been altered and repositioned, the doctor will place a splint in the nose to support the new shape as your nose heals. After the procedure is over, your doctor will give you instructions about recovering. Follow these instructions closely to help the healing process go as quickly and smoothly as possible.