Smooth your wrinkles with our Injectable Dermal Filler in Metairie!
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are a type of treatment injected underneath the skin to make it look fuller, showing fewer wrinkles, creating a more youthful appearance. These cosmetic materials have been used for decades, but new medical advancements have been shown to not only give a longer lasting look, but also a permanent one.
Collagen is the most well-known filler but there have also been synthetic and other natural elements that have recently been introduced, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. These include:
- Hyaluronic acid products – A natural part of skin, available in natural and synthetic products.
- Fat injection fillers – A procedure where fat from a patient’s unwanted place is injected to smooth out lines and wrinkles.
- Poly-l lactic acid (sculptra) filler – A stimulant to the skin causing the production of collagen.
- Calcium hydroxyapatite (radiesse) fillers – Made from the minerals that give bones their strength and texture.
- Polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) fillers – A permanent cosmetic filler that was previously used as cement for bone surgery.
Learn more about: