Smooth your wrinkles with our Injectable Dermal Filler in Metairie!
Fine lines and wrinkles develop as part of the normal aging process. As you get older, one of the first places to show the signs of aging is your face. You may notice that your cheeks are less full, your lips are slightly thinner, and your jawline might be less defined. As a result, you may start to look older than you are and possibly tired all the time, even after a good night’s sleep.
Dermal fillers are one the best ways to restore lost volume and rejuvenate your appearance with minimal to no downtime.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are a type of treatment injected underneath the skin to make it look fuller, showing fewer wrinkles, creating a more youthful appearance. These cosmetic materials have been used for decades, but new medical advancements have been shown to not only give a longer lasting look, but also a permanent one.
Collagen is the most well-known filler but there have also been synthetic and other natural elements that have recently been introduced, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. These include:
- Hyaluronic acid products – A natural part of skin, available in natural and synthetic products.
- Fat injection fillers – A procedure where fat from a patient’s unwanted place is injected to smooth out lines and wrinkles.
- Poly-l lactic acid (sculptra) filler – A stimulant to the skin causing the production of collagen.
- Calcium hydroxyapatite (radiesse) fillers – Made from the minerals that give bones their strength and texture.
- Polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) fillers – A permanent cosmetic filler that was previously used as cement for bone surgery.
Learn more about:
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers offer patients a variety of benefits that include:
- Add volume to thin lips.
- Restore volume in the cheeks.
- Soften the nasolabial folds.
- Lift premature jowls.
- Fill in the hollows under the eyes.
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars.
Are Dermal Fillers and BOTOX Cosmetic® the Same?
No, dermal fillers and BOTOX Cosmetic® are not the same. Dermal fillers are designed to replace lost volume and fill in lines and wrinkles. BOTOX Cosmetic® temporarily blocks nerve impulses to muscles that create dynamic lines. These types of lines are the ones that develop from facial movements, such as smiling and frowning.
What Are the Side Effects of Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are very safe for most patients. However, patients who have a collagen allergy should avoid certain types of dermal fillers. In addition, some patients may experience slight swelling, redness, and bruising at the injection sites.
Can I Resume Normal Activity After Dermal Fillers?
Yes, you can resume normal activity after having dermal fillers. It is recommended that you avoid having facials for at least two weeks after treatment to ensure that the filler has time to settle.