Would you like to look younger and feel more attractive? For many people this means avoiding wrinkles—here’s what you should know.
What causes wrinkles?
Wrinkles are caused by a number of things. Some of the main causes include:
- Age—as you get older your skin gets thinner, less elastic, and more fragile, which makes wrinkles more visible.
- Repeated facial expressions—this is why many people have wrinkles between the brows and near the eyes and mouth.
- Smoking—smoking accelerates the aging process and damages your skin and your health, so wrinkles show up sooner and more prominently.
- UV radiation—UV radiation seriously damages your skin and can lead to cancer, discoloration, tough skin, and, of course, wrinkles
Can you prevent wrinkles?
While wrinkles are a natural part of getting older, there are many things you can do to take care of your skin and keep it looking young and smooth for as long as possible.
- Start by taking good care of your skin as soon as possible. Even if you have no lines or wrinkles yet, you should be protecting your skin. Use a moisturizer in the morning and use a retinol cream at night.
- Avoid UV radiation by wearing clothing that covers your skin and applying sunscreen whenever you spend time outdoors. Sunscreen only works for a few hours, so it is important to take it along and reapply it throughout the day, especially if you’re at a higher elevation or spending time in the water. It is also important to avoid tanning, whether it is in a tanning bed or laying out on the beach. Learn to accept the tone of your skin, and if you really need that sun kissed glow, look into getting a spray tan.
- Reduce stress in your life by exercising regularly, making time for things you love, spending time with friends, and staying on top of deadlines.
- Get enough sleep each night, and if possible, sleep on a satin pillowcase.
How can you reduce the appearance of wrinkles?
While preventing wrinkles is a good first step, there is more you can do to improve your appearance. If you’re looking for a temporary, but non-invasive solution, Botox is a trusted treatment that can reduce or eliminate the appearance of wrinkles. If you’re looking for a more significant and permanent change, a facelift can also improve your appearance and eliminate wrinkles and lines on the face. To learn more about your options, visit the Cleft and Facial Cosmetic Surgery Center.
No comments yet.