The New Year is the perfect time to check your priorities and set some goals that will make you happier and healthier.
Don’t let New Year’s resolutions intimidate you—instead of setting huge, hard to reach goals, make your life better with small, attainable goals that can help you make the next year your best year yet.
Consider adding some of the following health and beauty goals to your list of New Year’s resolutions.
- Use moisturizer every morning: Moisturizer can help your skin stay young and smooth—make moisturizer a priority for better skin all day long.
- Wash your makeup off every night: Sleeping in your makeup can trap bacteria on your skin and cause breakouts and other skin irritation. Make a goal to wash your makeup off before going to bed every night. Invest in some makeup remover wipes if you need to make it easier.
- Drink more water: Water is good for your skin and the rest of your body. Drinking plenty of water helps you stay energized and it makes it easier regulate your appetite and reduce your calorie intake. Your body easily mistakes thirst for hunger, so when you don’t drink enough water, you may end up consuming more calories. Keep a water bottle with you throughout the day and set a goal to drink and refill it at least 3-4 times a day depending on the size of the bottle.
- Limit your sugar consumption: Sugar isn’t just bad for your waistline; it is also bad for your skin. Sugar can contribute to the depletion of collagen in your body, so if you want to keep your skin healthier and stay slim, setting a goal to reduce your sugar consumption can help. You can limit yourself to one treat per day, only on weekends, or only on special occasions—find something that works for you and start eating healthier.
- Wear sunscreen: Preventing sun damage is one of the best ways to keep your skin looking young and ward of skin cancer. Make a goal to wear sunscreen whenever you’re outdoors this year. Make it easier by choosing moisturizer and foundation with SPF and keeping sunscreen in your car or purse.
For more help looking and feeling your best this coming year, schedule a consultation at the Cleft and Facial Cosmetic Surgery Center.
No comments yet.